School Year Schedule (August 21- May 27)
Please contact us to schedule a placement class. Scroll down for the full description of our classes and calendar of holidays.
Ages 10 – Adult
- Monday 6:00 – 7:30 pm, Ballet Technique, Shayna
- Monday 7:30 – 8:00 pm, Intermediate Pointe, Shayna
- Tuesday 6:00 – 7:30 pm, Ballet technique, Jarina –enrolled students only, Full!
- Tuesday 7:30 – 8:30 pm, Advance Pointe, Jarina
- Wednesday 6:00 – 7:30 pm, Ballet Technique, Jarina
- Wednesday 7:30 – 8:30 pm, 6 Weeks Contemporary Workshop, Kellis
- Thursday 6:00 – 7:30 pm, Ballet Technique, Diogo DeLima
- Friday 6:00 – 7:30 pm, Ballet Technique, Felicia McPhee
- Friday 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm, Beginner Pointe, Felicia McPhee
- Saturday 8:15 – 9 am, Tulane Dance Clinic
- Saturday 9:00 – 10 am, Pilates, Gretchen
- Saturday 10:00 – 11:30 am, Ballet Technique, Jarina – enrolled students only, Full!
- Saturday 11:30 – 12:30 pm, First Position, 8 Weeks Adult Beginner Workshop, Jarina
- Saturday 12:30 – 1:30 pm, Ballet Partnering, Christopher & Jarina
ATTENTION! Class placements are subject to evaluation by the class instructor. Please contact us to schedule a placement class.
HOLIDAYS & IMPORTANT DATES (2017-2018 school year)
Please note: Scheduled studio closings are not missed opportunities for class, as they are not part of the class schedule. Under no circumstances will students be given discounts for scheduled studio closings listed here as they are part of our enrollment agreement.
- July 24 – August 4: Returning students enrollment period
- August 7: Enrollment of new students begins
- August 21: First Day for all programs
- October 31: Hallowing, No Classes
- November 20 – 25: Thanksgiving Holiday, No Classes
- December 21 – January 3: Winter Break, No Classes
- February 8 – 14: Mardi Gras Break, No Classes
- February 24 Summer Intensive Audition at 10 am
- March 29 – April 3: Spring Break, No Classes
- May 25: Last Day of Classes
- May 26 and 27: Spring recital
- June 4 – 29: Summer Intensive Period
- Any solid color leotard
- Pink or black tights
- Pink leather ballet shoes (Please double knot string and cut off excess.)
- A ballet skirt or shorts may be worn
- Solid white T-shirt
- Black dance pants
- Black leather ballet shoes (Please double knot string and cut off excess.)
Beginner adults trying ballet class for the first time may wish to wear yoga or other movement-friendly sportswear to their first class along with socks instead of ballet shoes.
RECOMMENDED DANCEWEAR RETAILER
Discount Dance Supply
Please use TEACHER CODE TP68047 so a percentage of your purchase will support Live Oak Dance. Thank you!