Pre- Professional Program and open Adult Classes
Ballet and Contemporary programs, suitable for teens and pre-teens. Open adult classes also available. Levels beginner through advanced.
Ages 11 – Adult
Monday 6:00 – 7:30 pm, Ballet Technique, Lily
Monday 7:30 – 8:00 pm, Beginner Pointe, Lily
Tuesday 6:00 – 7:30 pm, Ballet technique, Jarina
Tuesday 7:30 to 8:30 pm, Intermediate Pointe, Jarina
Wednesday 6:00 – 7:30 pm, Ballet Technique, Aaron
Wednesday 7:30 – 8:15 pm, Male Rep, Aaron
Thursday 6:00 – 7:30 pm, Ballet Technique, Katie
Thursday 7:30 to 8:30 pm, Variations, Katie
Friday 6:00 – 8:00 pm, Contemporary Workshops, Jarrell Hamilton ( January)
Saturday 9:00 – 10 am, Pilates, Gretchen
Saturday 10:00 – 11:30 am, Ballet Technique, Aaron
Saturday 11:45 – 12:45 pm, Ballet Partnering, Aaron
ATTENTION! Class placements are subject to evaluation by the class instructor. Please contact us to schedule a placement class.
Ballet Technique: An intermediate ballet class for students who have mastered the basic ballet technique and want to expand their ballet vocabulary.
Adult Beginner Ballet Class: Open class to all who would like to experiment with ballet!
Pointe Class: A dancer needs a strong ballet technique for pointe work. These classes will build on the fundamentals the dancer already has.
Partnering: Female and male students in this class will learn to dance together including lifts, turns, and promenades. Must have instructor approval to participate. Male dancers can take this class for free!
Contemporary workshop: For Pre-professionals and adults alike. We will spend two hours working on contemporary choreography and improv with local professionals.
HOLIDAYS & IMPORTANT DATES (2019-2020 school year)
Please note: Scheduled studio closings are not missed opportunities for class, as they are not part of the class schedule. Under no circumstances will students be given discounts for scheduled studio closings listed here as they are part of our enrollment agreement.
- July 29 to
- August 2: returning student re-registration period
- August 5 through the year: new student registration period
- August 17: Mandatory meeting with pre-pro students
- August 19: first day of classes
- October 19: photoshoot
- October 31: studio closed- Halloween
- November 25 to 30: studio closed- Thanksgiving Holiday
- December 20 to 26: studio closed- winter break
- December 27 and 28: Winter Workshop
- December 28 to January 6: studio closed- winter break continues
- January 6: first day of classes in 2020
- February 19 to 26: studio closed- Mardi Gras break
- May 23, Spring recital
- May 29, Last day of classes
- June 1, Summer Programs starts
- Any color leotard
- Flesh tone tights (please match to skin tone)
- Flesh tone shoes (please match to tights)
- A ballet skirt or sorts may worn
- Solid white T-shirt
- Black dance pants
- Black leather ballet shoes (Please double knot string and cut off the excess.)
Adult Beginners: trying ballet class for the first time may wish to wear yoga or other movement-friendly sportswear for their first class along with socks instead of ballet shoes.