School Year Schedule (August 20, 2018 – May 25, 2019 )
Please contact us to schedule a placement class. Scroll down for the full description of our classes and calendar of holidays.
- Monday 6:00 – 7:30 pm, Ballet Technique, Jarina
- Monday 7:30 – 8:00 pm, Intermediate Pointe, Jarina
- Tuesday 6:00 – 7:30 pm, Ballet technique, Diogo
- Wednesday 6:00 – 7:30 pm, Ballet Technique, Aaron
- Wednesday 7:30 – 8:15 pm, Male Rep, Aaron
- Thursday 6:00 – 7:30 pm, Ballet Technique, Jarina. Enrolled students only!
- Thursday 7:30 to 8:30 pm, Variations, Jarina
- Friday 6:00 – 7:30 pm, Ballet Technique, Grace
- Friday 7:30 – 8:30 pm, Beginner Pointe, Grace
- Saturday 9:00 – 10 am, Pilates, Gretchen
- Saturday 10:00 – 11:30 am, Ballet Technique, Jarina
- Saturday 11:30 am to 12:30 pm, Big Gay Ballet 8 Weeks Workshop, Aaron
- Saturday 12:30 – 1:30 pm, Ballet Partnering, TBA
- Saturday 1:30 – 3:00 pm, Contemporary Forms, and Improvisation, Becky
ATTENTION! Class placements are subject to evaluation by the class instructor. Please contact us to schedule a placement class.
HOLIDAYS & IMPORTANT DATES (2017-2018 school year)
Please note: Scheduled studio closings are not missed opportunities for class, as they are not part of the class schedule. Under no circumstances will students be given discounts for scheduled studio closings listed here as they are part of our enrollment agreement.
- August 6: Student Enrollment Period
- August 20 – First day of classes
- October 31- No Classes, Halloween
- November 19 to 24: No classes, Thanksgiving Holiday
- December 22 to January 5: No Classes, Winter Break
- February 27 to March 6: No Classes, Mardi Gras Break
- May 24: Last Day of Classes and Dress Rehearsal
- May 25 and 26: Spring recital, end of the school year classes
- May 27 to 31: No Classes, Summer Break
- June 3 – 28: Summer Intensive Period
- Any solid color leotard
- Pink or black tights
- Pink leather ballet shoes (Please double knot string and cut off excess.)
- A ballet skirt or shorts may be worn
- Solid white T-shirt
- Black dance pants
- Black leather ballet shoes (Please double knot string and cut off excess.)
Beginner adults trying ballet class for the first time may wish to wear yoga or other movement-friendly sportswear for their first class along with socks instead of ballet shoes.
RECOMMENDED DANCEWEAR RETAILER
Discount Dance Supply
Please use TEACHER CODE TP68047 so a percentage of your purchase will support Live Oak Dance. Thank you!